Go down 
AuthorMessage
julie80
julie80

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:51 am

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone :)

I have tried a few different foot balms and I find them quite effective when I use them regularly - I do get slack though and I was just hoping that the weight loss may help a little.

Thanks again, Julie.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012, 3:31 pm

Hi Julie

Like others have said, I would never have thought of my weight as being a Contributor to the terribly cracked heels I used to have. That said, I definitely haven't had anywhere near the problems with my heels since I was sleeved two years ago...so who knows? Now that you've asked the question, I don't think I've had cracked to bleeding heels at all in the past two years. I do get pedicures probably every couple of months...and when heels are super dry or cracked do use moisturizers and/or heel balm creams from the chemist.

Good luck and here's hoping the problem diminishes for you...

S
Back to top Go down
DHS
DHS

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2012-01-20

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012, 1:46 pm

Try the milky foot things, they really work to get the main skin off. Use a pumice or similar every shower too to keep it under control and the cream after that each night. My foot ritual :)
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

I think the cracked heels are due mostly to dryness and skin thickening.
Pedicures where they use the razor gets rid of the thickened skin and heel balm or just really rich moisturiser really helps keep your heels from getting too dry then cracking.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 11:33 am

Personally I have had really bad cracked heals. They Crack till they bleed and it really hurts. I am on my feet all day for work. I have noticed since I have lost weight they are not as bad. I have always worn supportive shoes as when I was bigger I could not walk in them all day if they weren't.

I have tried lots of different creams, with socks without slipper socks. For me the best thing is a foot sander that I bought from the chemist and vitamin E liquid. I have found for me my feet don't ache or get anywhere near as bad since I have lost weight.

All I know is everytime you put your foot down 4 times your body weight goes through your heal so I think that weight must have some impact, no punn intended.

Cracked heels... 120705
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 7:43 am

Get some NS-8 Heel Balm Complex from the chemist, brilliant stuff!
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 3:36 am

Get some sand paper and sand them back first then put the heel balm on... it works quicker that way
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 3:22 am

I don't think weight has a lot to do with cracked heels...

I've never had them in my life, but in saying that I wear thick socks & steel cap boots most days, and also get regular pedicures.

My mum on the other hand (for example), has been slim her entire life, but wears high heels, open toe shoes, etc all the time and has cracked heels.

So I think it's more to do with your footwear and upkeep of your feet.

Like miss h said, grab some heel balm from the chemist :)
Back to top Go down
MissHel
Part of the furniture
MissHel

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 2:41 am

My heels cracked at the hospital and at home when I was 100% in slippers and artificial heating. Best thing is to buy some cream from the chemist especially for cracked heels. They hurt like hell!
Back to top Go down
julie80
julie80

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 2:01 am

Hi,

I am due to be sleeved in september and I was just wondering for anyone that had cracked heels before the sleeve, was there much improvement after you lost alot of weight? I was told once that the extra weight can be the cause.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cracked heels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cracked heels...   Cracked heels... Empty

Back to top Go down

Cracked heels...
Page 1 of 1