suek1995
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kity1_cat

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-04-13

Another Newbie from Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 6:22 am

Hi suek1995,

I too am waiting to get RY Gastric Bypass, I know this is a 'Sleeve' forum but like you I love this site. I figure we are all supporting each other with the weight loss journey. I for one and really keen to read about how you are going...:)
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 2:01 am

Thanks JPC,

Its just that there doesn't really seem to be a group for GP people if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 10:20 pm

Hi Sue,

So pleased all went well for you, hope the infection clears quickly.

Posting in the July sleevers is a choice but it may be nice to be on a similar path to others, share the load so to speak.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 3:06 pm

I just wanted to ask if I should be posting in July sleevers? I am a bypass not sleever, does that matter?
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 08 Jul 2012, 4:22 am

Home yesterday which is nice. I've got a slight infection in my canular site which is annoying but otherwise doing well. I've had very little pain from the bypass and haven't used anything since Friday morning which was really preventative. Can't wait for purees but am coping okay,
Cheers
Sue
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyFri 06 Jul 2012, 10:13 pm

Glad all went well, apart from sitting too much.

You must be relieved, you are now over the worst part, you are bypassed - woo hoo!

Good luck on your recovery and getting out of hospital today.
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyFri 06 Jul 2012, 1:27 pm

I'm hoping tomorrow. Everything is going well so there's a good chance :)
Back to top Go down
Wtbt

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyFri 06 Jul 2012, 12:25 pm

Not a good experience with the sustagen?

Hope you are feeling ok today. When are you being discharged?

Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyFri 06 Jul 2012, 7:58 am

Can I just say I hate vanilla sustagen and never want to see it again!
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 2:18 pm

Pretty good, I sat up most of the day. I moved onto clear fluids and milk and sustagen. I have a headache and a sore bottom from sitting and lying around too much. Otherwise can't complain. :)
Back to top Go down
Wtbt

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyThu 05 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

How are you feeling today?
Hope you are doing well

Another Newbie from Melbourne 355206
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 9:34 am

Hi all, I'm sitting in my chair sipping water. It all went well, not much pain, it's more like I want to do a huge burp but can't so that's a bit annoying and uncomfortable. I slept most of the day but am still a bit tired which I assume is the anaesthetic. I'll update again tomorrow night if I can,
Cheers,
Sue
Back to top Go down
Wtbt

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyWed 04 Jul 2012, 1:22 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Another Newbie from Melbourne 21984
Back to top Go down
Cherryseven
Part of the furniture
Cherryseven

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 2:26 pm

All the very best for your surgery tomorrow, can't wait to hear from you when you get a chance.
Wishing you a speedy recovery Another Newbie from Melbourne 120705
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Only 8 hours to go and I will be getting prepped for surgery. I am not nervous at all, just keen to get on with everything. I lost about 6kg on the opti so that's a good start. See you all in a week I guess,
Cheers,
Sue
Back to top Go down
klockmouse

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 4:41 am

Hi Sue,

I had a sleeve with Patrick Moore on June 20th. Patrick's really great and I'm sure that they will look after you well. I'm 10 days out now and am on the sustagen and soup stage (liquid). Can't tell you how good it feels already.

I struggled with the opti but now that I'm home I've got chocolate sustagen which I don't mind.

Congrats on making the decision to go ahead.

Kerrie
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptySat 30 Jun 2012, 1:23 am

Hi sue

Only a few more sleeps and about 12 opti meals to go till your bypass.

Good luck with the surgery.

There are a number of people on Here who have also had bypasses...if you do a search on the term you should be able to find them and read through their diaries.

Look forward to following your story.
S
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 10:51 pm

Hi Sue and welcome. Not long to go now. Hope opti is not too bad for you. It's only a few weeks though. Good luck with everything.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 24 Jun 2012, 7:13 pm

HI Sue and welcome.

WTG on having surgery. Wishing you all the best for your recovery and journey.

Another Newbie from Melbourne 217555
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 24 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

Wow, you must feel great, you look it! I love Patrick and I met Anthony at the information session, he seemed great too. Hopefully I will be at the next Xmas in July in 2013 and I'm at or near goal by then. Enjoy the food while I sip protein shakes lol
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 24 Jun 2012, 5:38 pm

Welcome out of stalker-ville Sue!!

I was sleeved by Anthony Clough, Patrick's partner at the Epworth Eastern. Patrick assisted Anthony. They are both great.

You'll miss our Christmas in July on the 7th, but I hope you can make some other meet and greets.

Good luck on opti, I struggled on it, but only cheated with lean protein occasionally.
Back to top Go down
suek1995
suek1995

Female

PostSubject: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne EmptySun 24 Jun 2012, 5:26 pm

Hi All,
I have been stalking for a while but wanted to introduce myself. I am having gastric bypass surgery on the 4th of July with Patrick Moore at Epworth Eastern Box Hill. I chose the bypass over the sleeve as I am diabetic and on a lot of insulin for my age. I'm on day 5 of Optifast and 3.3kg down as of yesterday morning. Didn't get the headaches or withdrawals of some but am still hungry a lot. I am using those moments to visualise the fat melting away lol. Looking forward to the journey ahead with all of you,
Cheers,
Sue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie from Melbourne   Another Newbie from Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Newbie from Melbourne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: